Microcap Sector ‘Shoots the Lights Out’ in Sharemarket for 2019
Australian Microcap Investment Conference to Reveal Their Success Stories
Investor Relations firm Bourse Communications and Fund Services business, Vasco Trustees Limited are pleased to announce that the 10th Annual Australian Microcap Investment Conference is commencing next week on Tuesday 22 October 2019. The Conference is being held in Melbourne over two days on Tuesday 22 October and Wednesday 23 October 2019 at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins in the ‘Arthur Streeton Auditorium’.
The Conference is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive emerging company investment event, showcasing the services, products, strategies and people driving today’s growth companies. The event will provide investors with an opportunity to hear firsthand from the CEOs of 27 of Australia’s leading and dynamic emerging companies, from a varied range of sectors, as they showcase their companies, strategies and people.
To celebrate the 10th year of the conference, we are pleased to announce Joel Fleming and Peter Switzer as keynote speakers. Mr Fleming is the Fund Manager of the UBS Microcap Fund, and Mr Switzer is the founder of the Switzer Report and widely known and respected in the investment and business community. Both speakers will impart their wide knowledge of investing, particularly in the Microcap sector, to the Conference on Tuesday and Wednesday morning respectively.
Emerging or microcap companies provide access to many niche industry sectors, as well as emerging technologies and business areas that are sometimes overlooked by larger companies. The sector is generally recognised as comprising those companies with a market capitalisation of under $300 million.
As reported in Stockhead, these niche micro-sectors of the ASX have been performing incredibly well during 2019. Stockhead identified five micro-sectors having a fantastic 2019:
The Medtech Sector is up 64%, Industrial Chemicals up 63%, Life Sciences Tools and Services up 55%, Interactive Media and Services up 52% and Aerospace and Defence Goods up 29%.
Many of the companies presenting at this year’s Microcap Conference belong to these micro-sectors, and are achieving big percentage gains for 2019.
This year is the 10th year of the Conference and in that time, eleven of the companies that have presented at the Conference have grown to have a market capitalisation in excess of $500 million with four companies having grown to a market capitalisation of over $1 billion.
Amongst the ‘Success Stories’ that have been presented at the Conference over the years that have ‘shot the lights out’ are:
- Jumbo Interactive first presented at the conference with a market capitalisation of $9 million now has a market cap of $1.6 billion
- EML Payments presented with a $56 million market capitalisation, now at $1.12 billion
- Nearmap Limited $1.1 billion
- Gold Road Resources $1.0 billion
- AMA group $710 million
- HUB24 $727 million
- Webster $706 million
- Phoslock Environmental $678 million
- Infigin Energy $645 million
- Vocus $620million
- Integrated Research $534 million
Each of the above companies presented at the Conference when their market capitalisation was under $130 million.
At last year’s Conference 26 listed companies presented. Six of the companies achieved returns of over 30% in the year to 30 September 2019. These companies include Phoslock Environmental (213%), Bluechiip (166%), CV Check (113%), Image Resources (100%), XTEK (74%) and Australian Ethical Investment (47%). Over the same period the S&P/ASX Emerging Companies Index produced a return of 17%.
The companies presenting at this year’s Conference include financial services groups (Australian Ethical Investments, APN Property Group, DomaCom, Collection House),a security specialist (XTEK), technology solutions providers (CV Check, 1st Group, Hazer Group, identitii, RETECH and Xref).
The Australian Microcap Investment Conference aims to act as a conduit and facilitate the sometimes challenging communication process between a company and its stakeholders, which may include shareholders, stockbrokers, fund managers, analysts, institutions, private investors and the business media.
Vasco has partnered with leading investor relations firm Bourse Communications, The City of Melbourne, insurance specialist GSA Insurance, marketing communications group Motivo and corporate advisory firm D H Flinders to present the conference in conjunction with association partners the Stockbrokers and Financial Advisers Association of Australia and the UNSW Business School.
In commenting on Australia’s largest Microcap Event, Craig Dunstan, Managing Director of Vasco Trustees said:
“We are delighted to have secured 27 outstanding ASX listed companies to present as well as key note presentations from Mr Joel Fleming, Fund Manager of the UBS Microcap Fund and Mr Peter Switzer, founder and publisher of the Switzer Report.”
“This year we have over 400 professional investors, stockbrokers and financial advisers registered to attend. The microcap sector is generating greater interest each year as investors realise the gains to be made by investing in smaller companies.”
The microcap universe comprises over 1,800 companies with a market capitalisation of under $300m presenting many opportunities for investors.
Australia’s leading group of emerging ASX listed companies to showcase at this year’s Conference are:
- XTEK Limited (XTE) Philippe Odouard, Managing Director
- Australian Ethical Investment Limited (AEF) Steve Gibbs, Acting Chief Executive Officer
- APN Property Group (APD) Tim Slattery, Chief Executive Officer
- DomaCom Limited (DCL) Arthur Naoumidis, Chief Executive Officer
- Collection House Limited (CLH) Anthony Rivas, Managing Director
- Leaf Resources Limited (LER) Alex Baker, Chief Executive Officer
- NOVONIX Limited (NVX) Philip St Baker, Managing Director
- Altech Chemicals Limited (ATC) Iggy Tan, Managing Director
- Hazer Group (HZR) Geoff Ward, Managing Director
- Genex Power Limited (GNX) Simon Kidston, Executive Director
- Locality Planning Energy Holdings Limited (LPE) Damien Glanville, Managing Director
Food, Beverage & Tobacco
- Clean Seas Seafood Limited (CSS) David Head, Managing Director
Health Care Equipment & Services
- 1st Group (1st) Klaus Bartosch, Managing Director
- EMVision medical Devices Limited (EMV) Dr Ron Weinberger, Chief Executive Officer
- IMEXHS Limited (IME) Dr German Arango, Chief Executive Officer
- LBT Innovations Limited (LBT) Brent Barnes, Managing Director
- Osteopore Limited (OSX) Geoff Pocock, Executive Director
- TruScreen Limited (NSX:TRU) Martin Dillon, Chief Executive Officer
Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
- Actinogen Medical Limited (ACW) Dr Bill Ketelbey, Managing Director
- Acrux Limited (ACR) Michael Kotsanis, Managing Director
- AdAlta Limited (1AD) Paul MacLeman, Executive Chairman
- Anatara Lifesciences Ltd (ANR) Steven Lydeamore, Chief Executive Officer
- CANNATREK Tommy Huppert, Chief Executive Officer
Software & Services
- CV Check Limited (CV1) Rod Sherwood, Chief Executive Officer
- Identitii (ID8) Nick Armstrong, Chief Executive Officer
- Xref Limited (XF1) Lee-Martin Seymour, Chief Executive Officer
- Retech Technology Company Limited (RTE) Edward Slade, Consultant
The 10th Annual Australian Microcap Investment Conference is being held in Melbourne over two days on Tuesday 22 October and Wednesday 23 October 2019 at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins in the ‘Arthur Streeton Auditorium’.
For more information please visit www.microcapconferences.com and go to ‘Events’.
For more information please contact:
Craig Dunstan, Managing Director
Vasco Trustees Limited
T: 03 8352 7120
E: [email protected]
Rod North, Managing Director
Bourse Communications Pty Ltd
T: 03 9510 8309, M: 0408 670 706
E: [email protected]
ABOUT VASCO TRUSTEES LIMITED
Vasco is a fund services business with a significant difference. Our business comprises experienced executives who have successfully built investment management businesses in Australia and Asia. We know the challenges and skills required to develop and build a successful fund that captures the interest of investors and their gatekeepers. We also understand what makes a good investment and the myriad of administrative and compliance requirements that go with managing an investment fund.
Whilst other companies may provide only a custody service, fund administration service or trustee service Vasco provides a complete service so that our clients may enjoy the benefit of our experience. We are a true one-stop service provider who is incentivised to assist our clients in growing a successful funds management business.
We currently administer over 70 investment funds across a range of asset classes such as Australian equities, international equities, infrastructure securities, mezzanine debt, mortgage and property. We act for a range of leading asset managers, property developers and entrepreneurs.
ABOUT BOURSE COMMUNICATIONS
Bourse Communications is one of Australia’s leading, most progressive and innovative Investor Relations and Communications firms. The award winning company offers a wide range of public relations and investor relations services, helping companies and organisations build their profiles in the media and manage their relationship with the investment community.
For more information please visit www.boursecommunications.com.au